Thank you to those who came to the AGM on the 10 June. Welcome to our new committee members!
Research and Impact Special Interest Group was formed in December 2012 and is focused on the nature of archaeological research and its dissemination, and in the impact that archaeological research has in wider social and economic spheres. The group contributes to the promotion of archaeology beyond professional spheres, and encourages collaborative networks between professional, academic and community led archaeologists.
The areas the group covers are:
- Promotion of archaeological research to a wider professional/ non professional audience
- Dissemination of key concepts relating to impact of archaeological research and the historic environment
- Identification of key archaeological research and methodologies which demonstrate and facilitate impact
- Development of engagement strategy for academic/ professional archaeologists
- Creation of collaborative networks between professional, academic and community led archaeologists
- Provision of a news and information regarding research funding and project opportunities
- A contact point for researchers in archaeology wishing to learn more about CIfA
Join the Group
Colin Forrestal (Secretary)
For information about upcoming events, please visit our event calendar.
The 2020 AGM took place morning of 10 June Online. Andrea Burgess stood down from the committee and Evelyne Godfrey joined the committee and Jane Evans, Dana Goodburn-Brown and David Petts were co-opted on as ordinary committee members, James Alborne took the role of Treasurer for the group.
The 2017 Annual General meeting took place on Friday 21 April at the CIfA 2017 Conference in Newcastle during the break at the group's session 'Maximising the research potential from infrastructure projects'. David Petts stood down as Chair but remains on the committee. Andy Howard was elected as Chair. Natasha Powers stood down from the committee.
Collaborating for better research day conference - The day aimed to draw together a variety of experiences of working on some of the most exciting current collaborative projects and discussed how to maximise the outputs and impact of such projects.
For abstracts and recordings of the presentations from the speakers please click here
Updated version to follow.
Updated AGM minutes to follow.
Updated minutes to follow